- Online games refer to real-time games where players compete with one another on the internet platform
- One such gaming platform is Massive Multi-player online games (MMOG) where thousands of people connected to the internet can engage in games simultaneously
- Online games allow players to interact and chat with one another in the virtual world
- (Arguably) It could enhance youths' communication skills but it is imperative that negative consequences like cyber theft and gaming addiction
- Online spaces and video games provide alternate realities that appeal to youth today because they empower the youth and constantly provide them with new challenges to conquer
- Used in the right way, they can help in a youth's development, such as promoting positive feelings, establishing (online) social relationships or even used as an outlet for aggression.
- However, excessive online activities and gaming can lead to addiction, causing confusion in reality.
Source: The Offline Guide for the Online Generation